I Want To
Resources for Undergraduate Students
We have suggestions to help you navigate to resources for Undergraduate Students in Applied Science. Please connect with your department or school student support for guidance and to learn about any additional services and resources.
APPLIED SCIENCE DIRECTORIES
- Faculty of Applied Science | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engineering Department and Programs Contacts
- Engineering Student Services | Contacts
- Coop & Professional Program | email@example.com
- APSC Professional Program (MEL & MHLP) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institute of Cognitive & Information Computing Systems (ICICS) | email@example.com
- Engineering Design Centre (EDC) | Contacts
- Clean Energy Research Centre (CERC) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced Materials and Process Engineering Lab (AMPEL) | email@example.com
- Pulp and Paper Research Centre (PPC) | firstname.lastname@example.org
PROGRAMS, DEPARTMENTS & SCHOOLS
- Biomedical Engineering (BME) | email@example.com
- Chemical & Biological Engineering (CHBE) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Civil Engineering (CIVIL) | email@example.com
- Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Engineering (ENVE) | email@example.com
- Engineering Physics (ENGPHYS) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Geological Engineering (GEOENG) | email@example.com
- Integrated Engineering (IGEN) | Contacts
- Materials Engineering (MTRL) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mechanical Engineering (MECH) | email@example.com
- Mining Engineering (MINE) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Architecture & Landscape Architecture (SALA) | email@example.com
- School of Community and Regional Planning (SCARP) | Contacts
- School of Nursing (NURS) Vancouver Campus | Contacts
1. Get your CWL ID (Campus Wide Login)
Your CWL ID is the primary account which allows you to access many of UBC enterprise services, faculty services and your email. More information for setup and reseting your password can be found in the service catalog.
2. Know the SSC Portal (Student Service Centre)
The Student Service Centre portalallows you to manage student information related to your personal profile, adminission, finances, registration, grades & records and many more.
3. Setup your UBC Student Email
The UBC Student Email Service offers eligible students with a mailbox hosted in Canada that they can retain after graduation. Your UBC email is required when acquiring many software under our academic license arrangement with vendors.
4. Connect to UBC Networks & Services (Get IT Help)
Get familiar with some of the key IT services on campus such as EAD student account, Wireless Access, VPN, Printing, etc.
5. Learn via Connect Blackboard
Connect Blackboard is UBC Learning Management System. Find FAQs and tutorials to get you started.
6. Get Your UBC Card
Apply for your UBC Card which can be used for building access, printing options, discounted detals and general purchases on campus.
7.Learn about UBC Privacy & Information Security Policies
- Policy #104 Acceptable Use and Security of UBC Electronic Information Systems
- IT @ APSC Security Tips
8. Familiarize yourself with UBC and APSC Undergraduate Student resources
Thinking about Purchasing a Personal Computer?
Before deciding whether to buy a personal computer for your program, please consult with your department/school representative. In many cases, the program offers computer labs for your learning technologies, while others may recommend hardware specifications suitable to handle the required software for your courses.
If you are still thinking about getting a personal computer, many vendors offer students educational discounts.
Looking for Software?
Most of the Applied Science department computer labs will provide a suite of software required for your program. In some departments remote access to these tools are also offered. Additionally, students can take advantage of many free software offered from vendors such as Microsoft, Autodesk, Solidworks, etc. Check out the Software Catalogue for more information as well as the Microsoft Imagine Applied Science Webstore.
- Design Teams may be eligible for IT services offered by Applied Science. Please see the Service Catalogue and contact the IT @ APSC team for your design project and student club IT needs. We can provide consultation on infrastructure options and solutions.
- To facilitate the process, ensure you provide the department and faculty sponsor for your project.
PAY FOR PRINT (PayForPrint Service)
- Print jobs can easily be submitted from public access workstations in the library, participating departmental student labs, or online at http://payforprint.ubc.ca
- Students, faculty and staff will need to first activate and add funds to a UBC card account in order to utilize the Pay for Print service. Accounts can be activated at http://ubccard.ubc.ca or http://payforprint.ubc.ca
- Most students will need to update their CWL password before using the Pay for Print service. You can reset your CWL password on the CWL My Account page
- Learn about Koerner Library Print and Scan services
- UBC Pay for Print allows students, faculty and staff as well as guests to the University to pay for printing, copying and scanning across campus using a unified system of payment – the UBC Card or UBC Guest Card. Print jobs can be submitted from labs, public access computers as well as online at http://payforprint.ubc.ca.
- UBC Print Shop - located centrally on campus, the IT Print Services offers printing for poster, banner, premium photos and on a variety of materials. In addition they also have design services for illustration, layout services and UBC Brand Unit Signatures.
- Xerox Printing Centre on campus provides print order services for business cards, wide format, finishing and volume printing for black/white and colour. Campus delivery is available.
Provide your feedback on how we can better improve the resources section for undergraduate students.
What We Support
For undergraduate students, the IT Help Desk supports many of UBC's online services, and many types of software including:
- CWL & EAD Accounts
- Connect e-Learning
- Student and Alumni Mail
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Computer labs
- Hardware/software consultation
- Design Team IT consultation
APSC IT Engagement Services
The IT Engagement Services team helps provide consultation on your project needs including infrastructure and information security consultation. Partnering with the Department and School IT Committees we strive to enable and enrich the teaching and learning environment in Applied Science.
Contact IT.Engagement@apsc.ubc.ca for your project consultation needs.